Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Feast from the hedgerow...

Almost at the end of summer and the weather suddenly gets better. A lovely few days over the weekend and we decided to forgo any work on the allotment and go out for a walk. We’ve hardly been walking this year and I really miss it, even though I know that neglecting the plot will be at our peril. At least now things are winding down a bit and the weeds, while still a problem, are not as bad as they were. So we popped up to Blackrod for a ramble along the canal. I am so glad we did because the sun shone, the sky was blue, the elderberries have made some lovely syrup (to guard against swine flu over the winter) and we found the biggest mushrooms I’ve ever seen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, ok, I don't like admitting that but they were the biggest mushrooms I have ever seen too. Well, edible mushrooms that is. I hope we will find more of them with less worms in Poland :-)