Friday, July 11, 2008

Help wanted, bring your own matches...

The following advert appeared in the Manchester Evening News last week and it seemed worthy of a post.

I agree that it's a unique opportunity but I do have some reservations about the rest of the job. For a start, what do they mean by 'optimum productivity' and, later, 'bonus opportunities'? If you're a few dogs short of your bonus one month, can you use cats? How many rabbits would you need to equal one horse? Would you put lots of pets into one box, thus cutting down on fuel for the pyre and earning yourself 'technical ability' points? If no-one was booked in, would you go out at night seeing what you could run over?

The other thing I thought was interesting was they ask, obviously, for people who have experience of working in a crematorium. Failing that, you could work in a waste management / incinerator business. Now, just bear with me for a second, but isn't that reducing the last rites for a much beloved family pet down to a 'shove it on the fire' attitude? Would Granny Clamp's moggie just be another tick on the bonus sheet? Little Johnny's stick insects merely extra heat...

I suppose I'm curious about the whole set-up. If you do fancy applying, I left the details on the advert. Do let me know how you get on...

No comments: